The procedures below show you how to adjust the average cost of one or more Consumables. Doing these procedures creates a Transaction for each selected Consumable that skews the average cost of that Consumable. This is typically done when the Quantify database does not contain much data, such as the database of a new installation. This can also be useful when a company has data in their Quantify database and a significant amount of data in another repository and Quantify must be brought up-to-date.
Important: The Consumable average cost adjustment Transaction overrides any existing amounts for the last cost and/or average cost for an item.
To create a Consumable average cost adjustment:
1. Locate and click the appropriate Branch Office or Sub-Branch in the Organization Tree.
2. Click the Transactions tab.
3. Click the Add button () and select Product Average Cost Adjustment from the menu that appears.
The Consumable Average Cost Adjustment dialog appears.
4. Click the Created Date calendar icon ().
The calendar appears.
5. Locate and click the appropriate date.
6. Click in the Notes text field and enter notes for the Transaction.
7. Click the Consumables tab.
The Consumable Average Cost Adjustment dialog refreshes.
8. Locate the appropriate part, click in its cell in the Quantity column and enter the appropriate quantity.
Note: In order to have accurate overall costs, this quantity should equal the total of your product inventory at all Branch Offices or Sub-Branches. To find this total, select the Consumables tab for the Branch Office or Sub-Branch and refer to the Total amount.
9. Click in its cell in the Cost Ea. column and enter the cost of each piece.
10. Repeat the above two steps as many times as necessary.
11. Click OK.
Quantify populates and updates the last cost and average cost for the item in the Consumable Catalog. As additional quantities of the same item are purchased using purchase Transactions, Quantify updates the average cost and last cost for the item accordingly.