The conversion of a Scaffold Tag Job Site to Billable CANNOT be reversed. Once you convert the Scaffold Tag Job Site, select settings and information related to the Job Site or Shipments may become locked and disabled for editing. It is very important to verify the information in Quantify carefully and complete all data preparation before completing the conversion.
If you are using Notifications, you must disable them before performing Convert a Scaffold Job Site to Billable, due to the large amount of data that this process creates. This is required to prevent the server from having to process a backlog of notifications. If you do not complete this step, you will receive a warning when attempting to convert a Scaffold Job Site and the conversion will not proceed.
You are now ready to begin conversion.
To convert the Scaffold Tag Job Site to billable:
1. Locate and right-click the appropriate Scaffold Tag Job Site in the Organization Tree and select Convert Scaffold Tag Job Site to Billable from the menu that appears.
An informational dialog appears.
2. Read this message carefully.
Note: Quantify will use the Actual Shipment Date entered for each shipment as the new Rent Start Date or Rent Stop Date on the shipments.
3. If you need to change any information before proceeding, click No. Otherwise, click Yes.
The Job Site dialog appears with the Billing tab selected.
4. Click the appropriate Billing Method radio button and configure the billing method.
Note: This selection CANNOT be changed after invoices are created. Therefore, carefully consider each option before making a selection.
Arrears – HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
This option enables you to choose the First Invoice Date. With this option selected, the first invoice(s) generated for a Job Site will include all charges for all billable shipments, from the earliest Rent Start Date up to the First Invoice Date. All future invoices will include the charges for a single rental cycle. Set the First Invoice Date to the date you need to bill up to.
For these procedures, refer to Applying the Arrears Billing Method.
First Advance, Then Arrears
This option requires a number for Minimum Days Rent. This minimum will be charged for all items rented, despite returns, and will appear on the first invoices generated for each cycle, for the Job Site. Please note that if you choose the First Advance, Then Arrears method, billing will must be created for each cycle – beginning at the earliest Rent Start date that exists on the Shipments.
For these procedures, refer to Applying the First Advance, Then Arrears Billing Method.
This option enables you to invoice in advance of a rental cycle. If you enter Minimum Days Rent, this minimum will be charged on the first invoice generated for the Job Site. The Invoice Cycle Days are required to establish the number of days included in each rental cycle.
For these procedures, refer to Applying the Advance Billing Method.
5. Click the Rent tab when ready.
6. Click the Rate Profile dropdown and select a Rate Profile.
This determines the pricing used for items on rent and sold to the selected Job Site.
7. As necessary, click the appropriate radio button: Discount or Markup.
Note: The Discount or Markup amount will appear on invoices and is in addition to any adjustments that already exist in the Rate Profile.
- If you click Discount, click in the % text field and enter percentage of the discount.
- If you click Markup:
a. Click in the % text field and enter percentage of the markup.
b. Click the Markup Additional Charge dropdown and select the appropriate additional charge:.
8. Click the Options tab when ready.
9. Click the appropriate Invoice Order Options radio button.
Create a single invoice and use the order number
This option will use the selected single order number for all invoices. Selecting this option disables the ability to select a specific PO or WO number for Scaffold Tags and will ignore any PO/WO assignments on Scaffold Tags for the conversion.
If you click this radio button, click the Order Number dropdown and select the appropriate order number.
Create invoice(s) per individual order as specified in each billing item
This option enables you to choose a specific order number for each Scaffold Tag and will create separate invoices based upon this number. If this option is selected, the order number assigned to each Scaffold Tag will be set as the Order number for the tag’s existing Shipments.
Create invoice(s) grouped by purchase order. Order will be specified in each billing item
This option enables you to choose a specific order number for each Scaffold Tag and will create one invoice for each Purchase Order per billing cycle, with the items on the invoice grouped by the Work Order number. If this option is selected, the Order number assigned with each Scaffold Tag will be set as the order number for the tag’s existing Shipments.
10. As necessary, configure the appropriate taxes and tax options for the Job Site. These tax rate(s) will be applied during invoicing.
For these procedures, refer to Working with Taxes.
11. Click Convert when ready.
The Converting Scaffold Billing dialog appears.
12. Click the Billing conversion date calendar icon ().
The calendar appears.
13. Locate and click the tag billing conversion date. This date is used to determine which Scaffold Tags will be invoiced and which Scaffold Tags will not be invoiced.
Quantify will NOT include in invoicing any Scaffold Tags that meet all of the following criteria:
- Scaffold Tag has a Status of Completed.
- Scaffold Tag has no parts on rent.
- Most recent shipment date for the Scaffold Tag is prior to the tag billing conversion date.
All other Scaffold Tags will be included in invoicing. If changes must be made, click Cancel.
14. Click Convert when ready.
Note: This process CANNOT be undone.
When the conversion is complete and billing has been enabled, a confirmation message appears.
15. Click OK.
Note: Conversion start and end times will be documented in the History for the Job Site pivot report.