In a perfect world, Stair Towers would automatically line up with the structures they’re meant to provide access to. But some times, you have to fit the tower to the structure. The procedures below how you how to do that.
In this example we are going to create adjust the height of the stair tower. In example below the height on level 1 of the bay
Before you begin, you need to ensure you have the correct materials to complete the following steps. This guide will be designed with that in mind as I have imported or created the correct materials into Avontus Designer
1. Select the Structures tab, and drag in a StairTower
2. In the Scaffold Stair Tower screen, select the Stairway Material to use.
In this example, we will select the stairway with a length of 2.1, width 1.1 and with 4 nodes
3. Next specify the Stair Tower Settings including the Height/Elevation of the Stair Tower its guardrails.
4. Click OK
The StairTower will be added.
5. Select the Structures tab, and drag in another StairTower
6. In the Scaffold Stair Tower screen, select the Stairway Material to use
7. Set the Number of levels to 1 and click OK
8. Click the lower stair bay of the largest StairTower and remove the stairs for Level 0.
9. Remove all bays from the smaller StairTower except the bottom bay.
10. Select a bay from the largest StairTower.
11. Next for each bay in the larger StairTower, change the node level to 2 in the Bay Level Editor for the lowest level (0) as this will be the level we adjust.
Note: Remember to click the tick button
Your model should look like this.
12. Click on the single stair.
13. In the Bay Level Editor, remove the left ledger for level 1.
14. Click on the lower ledger of the larger StairTower.
15. In the Bay Level Editor, remove the left ledger on Level 1.
16. Click the tick icon.
17. Remove the bottom ledger from the left bay on level 1.
18. Click the tick icon.
This will create a walkway to where the stair will be placed.
19. Place the single stair on the larger stairway.
The model should look like this.
The next thing to do is to add a plank-only bay.
20. Click the Scaffold tab and drag in a new Bay.
21. Click on the Bay, and in the Bay Level Editor, remove the Top Level and Enable the Planked checkbox on Level 0.
Next change the dimensions of the bay
22. Select the Bay and in the toolbar click the LR drop-down
23. Select the correct measurements. This should be the same as the StairTower Bay.
24. Select the Bay and in the toolbar select the TB drop-down
25. Select the correct measurements.
26. Change the Bay into a Plank Only Bay
27. Drag the plank only bay onto the StairTower
Your model will look like this