Thanks for sharing your feedback!
Version: 6.5.1021.0 Release Date: April 04, 2023
Feature Release Notes
- Complete re-architecture of the application including data access technology resulting in much better performance.
- Added brand new module "Import CAD Models" allowing users to insert 3D CAD models from external files (DWG, DXF, OBJ, IFC, IFZIP, STEP, STP, STL). 3D model properties such as unit, scale, location, and orientation can be edited and included in Conceptual and 3D Model views.
- Imported 3D CAD model can be exported to a light flattened 2D DWG file (using the brand new â€œImport CAD Modelsâ€ dialog), perfect for inserting as a 2D CAD object in the plan view page. Layers and colors can be easily controlled for maximum productivity and performance.
- Attached 3D CAD models can be exported to Avontus Viewer along with the designed scaffold to be viewed in the desktop or mobile apps in 3D, VR (virtual reality) or AR (augmented reality) by any user.
- Added auto-save feature similar to Microsoft Office applications to automatically save any changes.
- Application settings are now stored in a master database file which allows easier sharing of common setting between users. Master database file can be potentially deployed with the installer to have a company-wide default initial settings.
- Scaffold drawing data is now stored in a single portable database file which will help with easier backup and recovery as well as avoiding database connections issues.
- New data structure to allow maximum flexibility when adding new scaffold modules/features. This paves the way for Avontus to build some exciting new features using the new data structures which will be released in future updates.
- Brand new forms to edit building object properties in a consistent and more user-friendly way, including enhanced validations and advanced editors (e.g. lookup list for Part Mods and enhanced formula editor for dimensions).
- Cloud based storage locations (e.g. OneDrive) are now supported. Default drawings folder is changed to system 'My Documents' (which is normally set to OneDrive).
- Application data folder has changed to 'C:\Users\Public\Documents\Avontus Designer' to allow side-by-side installation with previous releases. While only the newest version of Avontus Designer is supported, both new and old versions of Avontus Designer can be run at the same time to compare drawings.
- New Avontus Exchange file format is now used to transfer information between Avontus Designer and Quantify. The new file format allows for better file storage and larger attachments as well as extended scaffold management and tracking info.
- Ability to remove parts from built/rendered scaffold model. Changes are now saved in BOM and persisted between model updates and drawing file reopens (as long as removed parts are not moved).
- Added new color themes to use application in Dark Black, Light Gray, or Light Blue modes. UI elements have been reworked to look good on any screen or color theme.
- New Workspaces feature, with menu in View ribbon tab, allowing users to store and manage multiple custom UI layouts.
- Factory Reset option added to Info page to allow easy resetting of all application settings.
Enhancement Release Notes
- Avontus Designer is now available as a 64 bit installation only, to allow for greater memory control and therefore improved application performance.
- Scaffold settings in Global Options can now be stored per scaffold system to have unique set of options for each system allowing better user experience and flexibility.
- Many new options have been added to Global Options dialog (e.g. Frame Guardrails, Number Of Guardrails, Vertical Header and Base Types, Disable Ribbon Tab Switching, etc.).
- Upgraded UI components resulting in less memory usage and better performance.
- User interface icons have been updated to vector images producing clear/sharp visuals and overall better appearance in high DPI screens.
- Added an option in Scaffold Ladders dialog box to specify above deck distance for each bay.
- Changed bay Level Details popup window to a dockable panel similar to the Bay Details panel. Users can now keep the Level Details panel open and navigate through different levels for faster editing and comparisons. Bay Details and Level Details panels can be stacked or overlapped and put in different screens for best user experience when using multiple screens.
- Saving settings as defaults in various dialog boxes (e.g. Wall Scaffold, Boiler Scaffold, etc.) are now stored in active scaffold system/manufacturer. This allows each system/manufacturer to have its own design parameters.
- Custom Options in Material Master dialog box now shows allowable values for non-numeric options.
- Consistent and advanced formula editor in Material Master. Dimension and formula values/expressions are now stored exactly as they are input without any conversion avoiding any precision loss between unit conversions. All formula value editors across the application have been revised to support this feature.
- Added support for JSON format for Material Master import/export. JSON files are easier to edit and support complex data structures. Old XML files are still supported.
- Users can now change ladder bay side and alignment for each ladder run through the list view of Scaffold Ladders dialog box.
- Added â€œZoom to Selectionâ€ command to Conceptual Model 3D view to zoom and fit to selected objects.
- Added options to add frame guardrails to open/unplanked levels.
- New design features for Part Mods (e.g. LadderRun, TieSupport, BoilerScaffold, CircularScaffold, BayWithStairs, etc.).
- New JSON file format for initial/default application settings making it easier to find and edit by users.
- Significant performance improvements when building large scaffold models due to utilizing advanced parallel programming and new application architecture.
- Different sized side brackets are now allowed on the same bay.
- Wall Scaffold enhancements â€“ new planked level options as well as the ability to apply bracing and tie options independently for each wall segment.
- Stair Towers now allow specifying landing bay and middle bay width.
- Avontus Designer engine has been separated from UI allowing much better software quality assurance (unit tests), and integration with other products/web services.
- Better memory management throughout the software providing improved performance while reducing crashes.
- Changed Bay shape side labels to allow using higher DPI screens without showing smart tag shadows cluttering plan view page. This should allow users to use Avontus Designer on any screen resolution including 4k monitors with high DPI settings.
- Fixed Cone shape to accept larger height values (up to 500m).
- Fixed issue with steel batten placement.
Was this article helpful?