A Group ( the only difference being that it is a child location of a Job Site. This is primarily used for organizational or billing purposes. ) is a job site underneath a parent Job Site. It has all of the same features, functions and options as the parent Job Site,
This page contains the following:
|Table of Contents|
Why Choose a Group vs. a Job Site
When a Job Site has child Groups, both the parent Job Site and Groups function as Job Sites, receiving direct shipments and generating location-specific invoices. Reporting, product quantities and grid views for the parent Job Site include records and quantities from the child Groups.
root Working with Groups
|root||Working with Groups|
Adding a Group
You can only add a Group to a Job Site.
To add a Group:
1. Click the appropriate Job Site.
2. Click the Add button () and select Add Group from the dropdown that appears.
The Group dialog appears. The default required fields for a Group include:
- Group Name
- If the Group is Billable, Billing Method details and Rate Profile
Required field information will default from the Parent Job Site, but can be changed if desired.
3. Click in the Group Name text field and enter the name of the new group.
4. As necessary, click the Customer dropdown and select the appropriate customer.
4. Click the Billing tab.
The Group dialog refreshes.
5. Click the First Invoice Date calendar icon().
The calendar appears
6. Locate and click the appropriate date.
7. Click OK when you are ready to save the new Group.