When troubleshooting Avontus software issues, it can be helpful to retrieve the system logsview a record of the Windows Events Log. To retrieve Windows log information Event from your computer, follow these steps:
- When the error occurs, attempt to retrieve the log information as quickly as available. Doing this makes it easier to determine the source of, and troubleshoot, the crash.
- In Windows Start Menu search for “Event Viewer” and run.
- Click Expand “Windows Log”.
- Click “Application”.
- Locate the error or errors which have times that most closely coincided with timing of the crash or error.
- Select error(s).
- Click the "Action" drop-down menu, choose "Save Selected Events..."
- Enter file name and click "Save."
- Select the correct Display Information, the “OK”.
- After saving the log, attach it to an email message and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.