Minimum Software Requirements
- Supported Operating System: Windows 10 - 32 or 64 bit versions (64-bit recommended)
- Avontus Designer requires Microsoft Visio® 2013 or higher. A license for Microsoft Visio® 2019 is included with your Avontus Designer purchase.
- Actual requirements for Microsoft Visio® functionality may vary, based on the system configuration and operating system. For details, refer to:
|Visio® 2016||https://products.office.com/en-us/office-resources?rtc=1 (Office standalone applications section)|
|Visio® 2019||https://products.office.com/en-us/office-resources?rtc=1 (Office standalone applications section)|
- .NET Framework 4.5, which will be installed if needed.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 LocalDb®, which will be installed if needed.
Minimum Hardware Requirements
- Processor: 2 GHz processor
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Hard Disk: 4 GB available disk space
- Video Card: Integrated Graphic Card (Intel HD 4200 or better)
- Display: 1280 x 800 or higher resolution
- Windows scaling set to 100%
Due to graphics limitations, we do not support the use of Avontus Designer on a virtual machine or remote desktop.
These are our recommended computer hardware specifications to run Avontus Designer at peak performance, especially for large projects. The parts in bold are those with the greatest impact on Avontus Designer’s performance.
- Processor: Intel Core i7 6700HQ or better (2.50 GHz+)
- Memory: 16 GB RAM (32 GB or more recommended)
- Hard Disk: SSD hard drive (4 GB available disk space to install)
- Video Card: 4 GB memory gaming video card
- Display: 1920 x 1080 or higher resolution (2 displays recommended)
As a general rule, a good gaming PC or CAD PC will support Avontus Designer. Like any CAD or design application, a computer with better hardware specifications will be able to work with larger drawings without experiencing a decrease in performance.